“Collect Moments, Not Things”
These are words we live by and both Brent and I have a strong conviction that we would rather try and fail than live our life full of regret that we never went after our dreams.
If you haven’t read the book “Top 5 Regrets of the Dying: A Life Transformed by the Dearly Departing” by Bronnie Ware you should! She documents the final months, weeks, days and hours of her patients in palliative care and aims to show us all that life is too short.
Here are those 5 regrets (if you want details and inspiration, I highly recommend you pick up this book)
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish I had let myself be happier.
We believe that life is meant for living to the fullest! We started our own bucket list early in our relationship and it has been growing ever since so this is a place where you can watch it unfold as we check off each item. Do we really think we can accomplish everything on this list? YEP!
You’ll likely notice that each time you visit this post, the list is changing and growing – just as we are as individuals and as a couple. We hope you can draw inspiration from our own list and that this post inspires you to start a list of your own.
We hope that you can draw inspiration from our list and that our story inspires you to start one of your own. We’d also love to know what’s on your bucket list. Leave us a comment below sharing some of your top items or tweet, Facebook or Instagram us (dashboardliving) using #BucketListBliss. We can’t wait to connect with you!
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Spend 1 month in Thailand
- Go skiing in the Rockies
- Swim with Whale Sharks
- Follow the Blue Jays for a Season
Road Trip to Miami
- Learn to drive a stick shift (Sara)
- Learn to swim (Brent)
Visit the Acropolis in Greece
- Canoe Barron Canyon in Algonquin Park
- Attend the Superbowl
- Visit every continent
- Swim in a hotspring
- Take an Alaskan cruise
- Roadtrip across Canada
- Attend an Olympic event
- Play with monkeys
- Go to a nude beach (and be nude)
- Hang glide
- Pan gold in Dawson city
- Cruise the Nile
- Stay in a water villa in the Maldives
- Go on a Safari
- Touch a humpback whale
- Go on a Yoga retreat together
- Visit the Galapogos
- Work full time for ourselves
- Charter a boat to sail the Greek Islands
- Take a 30 day cruise
- Be super toned (both of us)
- Go Skydiving
- Complete the #100daysofNovaScotia project
- Go bungee jumping
- Reach 10,000 blog subscribers
- Reach 10,000 YouTube subscribers
- Learn to speak spanish
- Swim across the Northumberland Strait
- Hug a Sloth
- Get published
- Be on the cover of a magazine
- Marry my best friend
- Sleep in a castle
- Pub crawl in Ireland
- Fly first class on an Emirates flights
- Take a private jet
- Swim in a Cenote
- Live in a tree house
- Own a campervan
- Sleep in a tree cocoon
- Complete the Mongol Rally
What are your top 3 Bucket List items?